The Guest House
The Guest House was built in 2014. Offering four dedicated bedrooms, 2 ½ bathrooms, comfortable living/dining space, and well-equipped kitchen, the Guest House interior sits at about 1800 sqft. On the exterior, a covered deck along with outdoor dining set and lounge furniture for your relaxation and viewing pleasure. Seasonal strawberry patches situated off the North side, as well as a selection of culinary herbs for use in the kitchen, are all yours to enjoy.
The Guest House is situated in the heart of the farm. Positioned alongside the seasonal waterway (April to October), the current implement shed, and in close proximity to the goat barn, livestock paddocks, and owner’s residence, the Guest House pays witness to many daily activities of the farm.
The Gate House
The Gate House, ABC acres’ newest farm structure (built Summer of 2015), offers two dedicated bedrooms, two full bathrooms, comfortable living/dining spaces, and a spacious, well-equipped kitchen….an interior of about 1200 sqft, plus single-car garage. As for the exterior, the Gate House offers a bit of separation/privacy despite being just a moment’s walk to the heart of the farm. An East-facing front porch if for your coffee and sunrise, a patio on the North side is situated alongside the newly planted fruit orchard, and on the South side, a recently-added pergola provides shade if for taking in the sweeping Valley views and/or an outdoor celebration….complete with bbq grill and fire pit. These areas are contained within the Gate House’s private, fenced, and dog-friendly yard (home to an all-season/all-weather dog house). Watch as June-bearing strawberries explode, late summer blackberries climb the fence, and fall apples and pears adorn the trees….all fresh, organic edibles for your tasting pleasure.
Spectacular views, including that of Como Peaks, from the Guest House porch.
Just a short walk to the Bitterroot River off the back of the property.
Contact Us Regarding Farm Stays & Vacation Rentals
Don’t hesitate to contact our Farm Stay Manager with any questions you might have, where/what you can explore, and how to best enjoy the abundance of on and off farm activities available. Beyond a place to simply rest your head, ABC acres is here to enhance your visit and help create memories for a lifetime.
James Southwell, Farm Stay Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org // (406) 210-7688
Send us a Message
Farm Stay / Vacation Rental
Whether a short weekend getaway or a week-long adventure to the mountains of Montana, ABC acres offers two newly-built, and well-appointed homes for your well-earned respite from the everyday – the Guest House and the Gate House.
Both rental homes were constructed with health and wellness in mind for the resident – built with no VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) both inside and out, non-toxic spray foam insulation, HEPA filtration for high quality interior air all season long, and ‘Alive Water’ systems to reinvigorate and re-energize water at all points of use…..these speaking to the underlying theme of healthy environments which pervades the farmstead.
While enjoying the beautiful Bitterroot Valley, be sure to appreciate the sights and sounds of the working Permaculture Farmstead right outside your door. Daily, the crew at ABC acres is busy tending to livestock, maintaining food producing systems, and developing new earthwork projects to demonstrate Permaculture principles in an effort to promote Regenerative Agriculture practices. While a guest of ABC acres, stroll the many self-guided walking paths, enjoy a dip in the water and lose yourself to life on the farm!
Days on the Farm
As a guest of the farm, and from the comfort of your home or whilst strolling about the property, you may witness osprey fishing for trout in the waterway, farm staff running pasture irrigation, elk & deer grazing the pastures at dusk, any number of processes that go into the design and earthwork of a fully-functioning Permaculture system, and much much more. It is these on-farm experiences that give staying at ABC acres its uniqueness and charm.
As you settle into your stay, be sure to take in all the sights, sounds, and activities that ABC acres has to offer. Self-guided walking maps will direct you around the property….take time to read the informational kiosks strategically positioned throughout, enjoy a morning coffee or afternoon rest alongside the Crater Garden recreation & picnic area, spend some time photographing the various livestock, watch the honey bees buzzing amongst the diverse plant selection or, better yet, grab a fishing pole and stroll down to the Bitterroot River to try your hand at hooking dinner! As a guest of the farm, many complementary activities await during your stay….it’s just a matter of how you might wish to spend your time.
Conveniently located just a few miles South of Hamilton, a short walk to the Bitterroot River, and bordered by picturesque farms and public lands, ABC acres provides an idyllic combination of wide-open spaces, wildlife, and outdoor adventure, while also remaining just minutes from the town’s happenings and city amenities. Be it fishing, hiking, or boating…golfing, skiing, or wine-tasting…grocery stores and dining….or rock climbing and hot air ballooning….whatever you might fancy, ABC acres is within it’s reach.
Complementary On-Farm Activities**:
- Self-guided tours and access to extensive Permaculture earthworks and ongoing projects (detailed map provided, and informational kiosks throughout the property).
- Abundant walking paths, rest areas, and scenic vistas.
- Bitterroot River access.
- Livestock and wildlife viewing/photography.
- Randomly scheduled ‘Movie Nights’, and ‘Fridays at Five’ socials.
- Crater Garden recreation & picnic area.
- Family Fun Playground.
Additional (for purchase) Activities, Products, and Services**:
- Fresh Eggs, and Pasture-raised Beef, Pork, and Poultry Sales, all ℅ ABC acres.
- A variety of other farm-fresh goods ℅ ABC acres (eg. jams, jellies, honey)
- Hour with the Farmer ℅ ABC acres – customizable discussion to cover specific topic(s) of your choosing.
- Farm Tour ℅ ABC acres – customizable excursion by foot w/ the Farm Management and/or Owner, visiting multiple project sites and discussing regenerative permaculture practices, including behind the scenes interaction with livestock and food production systems.
- Child & Adult Farm School Programs – access to ongoing activities being offered at ABC acres’ Educational Building, home to seasonal festivals, workshops, classes, and Riverstone School (www.riverstoneschoolmt.org).
- Fly Fishing Guide Services.
- ATV and Snowmobile Services.
- Scenic Rafting and Boat Trips.
- Guided Hikes, and Mountain Biking, Rock-Climbing.
- Horseback Riding.
- Hunting Access and Hunting Guide Services.
- Snow skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing.
- Professional Photography outings and instruction.
- Child Daycare services.
- Massage services.
- Golf, wine-tasting, gun ranges, hot air ballooning, paintball, and much more.
**please note that some products and services, either ℅ ABC acres or by 3rd party providers, are of a seasonal nature – please check with us directly for specific details and availability.